This privacy statement explains the personal data Sound Training collects through our interactions with you and how we use that data. Sound Training Ltd is committed to complying with the requirements of the U.K General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience.
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- students’ names, date of births, and assessment data
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Reasons for collection:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Student data is used to track academic progress for those students enrolled on Lexonik.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
Securing personal data:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit consent or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Student data is anonymized after a period of 3 months once a school has completed the agreed Sound Training partnership. We aggregate the marks scored by students for the purpose of our internal statistical analysis and research. When this analysis is performed, it may be used for marketing purposes. In this case, all data is anonymized.
Updating your information:
You can inform us about updating your account information by calling the office on +44 1642424298 or by emailing email@example.com. In any case, we will confirm your identity via email before we make any changes.
How will we use your personal information?
Teachers: Personal information which you supply to us will only ever be used in the following ways:
- To correspond with you in relation to the contract your school/establishment has with us and the operation of that contract.
- To update you on student progress.
- To update you on product developments relevant to your usage of Lexonik
- To troubleshoot any technical issues.
- To send you teaching and learning updates.
Students: Personal information which is supplied to us will only ever be used in the following ways:
- To track student progress
- To troubleshoot any technical issues
- To generate conclusions about the impact of the program. (When producing large scale analytics, all data is anonymized. Any conclusions drawn from these analyses will only be used to develop the product and for marketing purposes, thus the impact on the individual will be limited). We may disclose student marks to parents/guardians, teachers and school as part of the service. We aggregate the marks scored by students for the purpose of our internal statistical analysis and research. This data is anonymized.
Subject Access Requests
If you wish to make a request for ‘personal data’ under the GDPR guidelines, you can either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us via our postal address: Sound Training, Boho Four, Cleveland Street, Middlesbrough, United Kingdom, TS2 1AY. If you make the request electronically, we will provide the data electronically. Please supply as much detail as possible or complete our ‘data access request form’, which can be obtained by contacting the office, in order that we provide the most relevant information in relation to your request. There is no fee to access your personal data and we will respond within one month from the receipt of the request.
How long is data kept?
To ensure that Sound Training does not hold information in perpetuity, it has set criteria for the deletion of unused data depending on the nature of said data which is in line with GDPR.
Who has access to your data?
In the interests of best customer care, members of the Sound Training Account Managers’ and our Regional Trainer teams have access to certain categories of data relevant to the services they provide.
Sound Training has a strict policy of not sharing any personal information about students and adults shared with us, for the purposes stated above, with anyone outside the organization.
Sound Training stores data on our secure CRM system, secure customer website and secure web-based admin system.
We take reasonable steps to ensure data is kept accurate and up to date. To ensure we fulfill this responsibility, we have policies and procedures in place to check accuracy and to update data. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A personal data breach means a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data. This includes breaches that are the result of both accidental and deliberate causes.
In the unlikely event of a data breach, Sound Training will follow our strict policy on notification of a breach, involving identification and reporting.
Our appointed data compliance officer will evaluate the risk to individual(s) concerned and the size of the breach. If it is deemed that there is a risk to individual(s) or if the breach affects a large data size, we will notify the ICO within 72 hours. Our data compliance officers are the Office Manager and the Operations Manager who can be contacted by emailing email@example.com or phoning our office on +44 1642424298.